Re: [exim] $message_size and spamassissin

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] $message_size and spamassissin
Johann Spies wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:32:43AM -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:
>> You should probably rework your config so that it only checks the spam
>> condition in the first stanza; the $spam_* vars will carry over to
>> future stanzas, so that you can add multiple headers. Your current
>> config will fail in the case of a spamassassin error; it will attempt to
>> rerun the spam check for each spam=spamd:true check, so if there's a
>> recurring spamassassin failure, it will churn a lot of resources.
>
> I was wondering about that. The examples in the exim documentation
> also calls spamassassin several times:

If you keep the "spam = user" verb/condition/thingy the same each time
it is called (just keeping the user the same, you can add/remove the
true bit), the result is cached and only calls SA once so it's no less
efficient than any of other condition. I use it for a yes/no condition
in my spam ACLs.

There's probably about 101 ways to do the same check.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html