Re: [exim] Exim on Suse 10

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim on Suse 10
Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@???> (Sa 08 Mär 2008 09:04:30 CET):
> Hello list,
>
> I've been googling for hours to find a good HOWTO for installing
> Exim+SA+ClamAV (at least) on Suse 10 but with no success. I am a FreeBSD guy
> so this is proving a bit of a challenge, since I can't think straight when
> it comes to Linux, any Linux:-)
> Does anyone know of a good HOWTO that I can follow. I am in a situation
> where Linux is more appreciated than *BSD.

AFAIK there is no official SuSE RPM with exim, but some of the SuSE
staff (?) maintains an inofficial RPM. Search in the suse/people
hierarchy of some SuSE mirror for poeml (the maintainer, not very sure
about the name, but something similiar).

Then you can follow the normal rpm install procedure.

About the availability of current clamav and sa packages I do not know
anything.

But, OTOH, rolling your own shouldn't be a problem (at least gcc and co
is available in SuSE too).

--
Heiko