Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!

Author: Andy Smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!
Grant,

SPF should help you, but you need to have SPF checking on your side and
those seeing you as a source of spam need
and SPF record in their DNS. The theory is that you recieve spam from for
example, andy@??? but its not really
from companyx.com its sent from a spammers machine. Currently if "to"
address doesnt exist you are sending an address
does not exist back to companyx.com, which is why you are being percieved as
a spammer. If you have SPF implemented
the theory is when the spam arrives with a forged from address, SPF will
check where the mail came from and if it is not
a legitamate mail server (IP address) of companyx.com the mail is rejected
and hence you will not send any address does
not exist mail to companyx.com (which is what you want),

thanks Andy.