Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!
On 06/03/2008, Grant Peel <gpeel@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Interesting replies.
>
> I *think* that a few of you *might* have mesread, or misunderstood my
> problem:
>
> My servers are being seen as the SOURCE of the spam. That is to say, my
> servers are being bombarded with messages that have a non existent user,
> then, my server bounces the mail to many recipients.
>
> I must admit, that I am suprised that none of you *seem* to have had to deal
> with this exact same issue...or am I missing something? I hope it does not
> mean that my configuration is so bad ...

I might have missed a couple of installments, but didn't someone
demonstrate that your problem is that you're accepting all mail to
postmaster@<yourdomains> in the ACL, but then not accepting the same
mail in your routers.... the 'problem' would be got round if you
removed the blanket 'accept' for postmaster in your RCPT ACL I would
have thought...

... but then you're back with the problem with what to do with your
postmaster mail. But at least you won't be generating backscatter.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???