Re: [exim] Out of office solutions

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of office solutions
Andy Smith wrote:

> can anyone advise me on ways to implement an out of office solution on exim,
> where exim is being used as a POP3/SMTP mail system?
> I imagine I need a web front end to allow users to select if they are in or out of

I use the vacation package on debian and squirrelmail as a web front end
to check and send email. Squirrelmail has a plugin to deal with the
vacation tool. Which is a nice solution to your problem. The plugin
requires an ftp server but it only ever needs to listen on localhost if
your email is on the same host.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=264

Ideally though you shouldn't have ooo functionality to begin with. But
try to explain that one...

Greetings,
Jeroen