Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever
On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 11:40 +0100, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> As per recent discussion I accidentally come across a similar topic
> http://forums.atjeu.com/showthread.php?t=434
>
> I'd be interested what you think about the CPanel official remarks re
> exim. And Marc - they give a link to some bulk mailer which can - they
> claim - send 300K / hour which is still far from you would want to
> achieve.

With respect, most of the statements regarding "standard" things and
throughput of Exim there are the opinion of the author and not backed up
by any statistical evidence.

I have just produced a test config for Exim, stripped down, to
stress-test delivery (which I can generate using John Jetmore's
excellent swaks tool, amongst other things). It drops everything
to /dev/null which means it is *only* testing the MTA, rather than the
local disk subsystems, DNS lookups, and so on.

Using a single "While [ true ]; do swaks <options>; done" loop on the
test host itself I can easily reach almost 30000 messages/hour.

Using 5 simultaneous loops it reaches 65000 messages/hour - bear in mind
that this is not optimised (yet) and is using the MTA host to generate
the tests themselves, which means there's an overhead being created
which limits the number of test loops I can run (I'm CPU bound, and this
is a desktop box, not a server). One suspects that given more time to
devise a full test methodology, with a properly optimised config, I
could push even this box to significantly higher throughput.

If someone would like to point me at some "standard" MTA
tests/comparisons, I'd be delighted to run them.

It's my opinion that this thread is dead.

Graeme