Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Zbigniew Szalbot
Para: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever
hello,

2008/3/2, Brian Blood <brian@???>:
> On Mar 1, 2008, at 9:08 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
> > Brian Blood wrote:

> >> In short, yes.
> >>
> >> My opinion is based on over ten years of developing/managing sites/
> >> systems that put out a LOT of email. As in tens of thousands per run
> >> on a daily basis on average for these systems, some smaller, some
> >> larger. We've tested/deployed most of the major MTAs and from my
> >> experience, Postfix is by far much faster and handles large amounts
> >> of outbound email much better than Exim does.
> >>

> > Thanks Brian, If I end up working on this project then I'll need to
> > test
> > it with Postfix as well. I have to say that as a loyal member of the
> > Exim cult I'm having a hard time thinking that there is a greater
> > deity
> > out there. :)
> >

> I understand that perfectly.
>
> The "E" in ECMSquared stands for Exim, so it's obviously an integral
> part of our solution. But part of our custom config is the ability to
> define a smart host which for most sites we deploy our system on is
> usually Postfix.
>
> Each MTA has it's strengths and weaknesses.
>
> Postfix, for example, is a pain to configure for flexible table
> driven SMTP Auth.
>
> Exim kicks every other MTA's butt by at least an order of magnitude
> in terms of flexibility and ability to truly PROGRAM your incoming
> email architecture.

As per recent discussion I accidentally come across a similar topic
http://forums.atjeu.com/showthread.php?t=434

I'd be interested what you think about the CPanel official remarks re
exim. And Marc - they give a link to some bulk mailer which can - they
claim - send 300K / hour which is still far from you would want to
achieve.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot