Re: [exim] Problem compiling exim on AIX

Author: Andrew.Stringer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem compiling exim on AIX
Hi Michael, depending on what your hardware config is, running redhat5 or
suse in an LPAR could be a solution to linux on power although IBM don't
really seem keen on DMZ servers being run on LPARS. We are just
experimenting with things like exim on AIX and it seems like hard work.
More out of laziness than anything, I have also been looking for binaries
for aix5.3 or 6.1 but not having found any, I have fallen back to
compiling.
I have run exim with spamassasin on linux with slackware 10.2 as a mail
gateway/hub to front Lotus Notes and (sadly) the awful exchange due to
their poor spam and relay controls. Uptimes of typically 1 year speak for
themselves (notwithstanding updates to spamassasin). I am upgrading this
server to slackware 12.0 and fully expect the same "robustness".
If you are wanting to run a mail server in a DMZ, I suppose you should
really be looking at a seperate physical box with local storage, not SAN
based. If this is the case, maybe intel/amd offers a lower cost than
power5/6.

Regards,
Andrew

I am wanting to replace our ageing sendmail Linux solution with
summin more robust and considering that the majority of our systems
run AIX5 & 6 it would make sense to keep to that instead of investing
in X86 kit for a single server or two.

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by Service Birmingham Ltd. is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its content may be monitored and used by Service Birmingham Ltd. for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with Security Policy. E-mail blocking software will also be used. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of Service Birmingham Ltd.

Although Service Birmingham Ltd. has made every reasonable effort to ensure that this message and any attachments contain no viruses and have not been intercepted or amended, it can not make any assurances to this effect.

Service Birmingham Ltd, Registered in England & Wales under Company No: 05660977???????
Registered Office: Units 2&3 B1, 50 Summer Hill Road, Birmingham, B1 3BZ.