Re: [exim] Decrease retry time for locked files

Author: Jörg Sommer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Decrease retry time for locked files
Hello Drav,

Drav Sloan <holborn-exim@???> wrote:
> Jrg Sommer wrote:
>> But how to specify the case of a locked file? I didn't find a matching
>> error spec in the documentation.
>
> The "locked file" is because another exim process (most likely queue
> runner) is already attempting to deliver that email.

Oh, the locked file is the e‐mail not the destination.

> Which means those two delivery methods (to local-bsmtp) are taking a
> long time to process.

I don't think the problem is the delivery time. I run multiple queue
runner at the same time. I start them with runq, hence, they are
different processes they don't communicate among each other. I observed a
speedup in mail delivery when running three or more runq processes in
parallel.

Is it possible to start multiple queue runner in a coordinated manner
that every queue runner gets a subset and don't try to deliver all mails?

Bye, Jörg.
--
Je planmäßiger ein Mensch vorgeht,
desto stärker mag ihn der Zufall treffen.