Re: [exim] closing banner and relays

Autor: Searcher
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] closing banner and relays

Thx for the pointer, acl_check_quit: accept message = ...
did the trick

> > Also does anyone know how to change the welcome banner according to
> the
> > receiving interface (IP)? I have exim listening on different IP
> addresses
> > and I'd like it to respond appropriately - to have all domain related
> info
> > set to this IP's reverse DNS if possible
>
> Traditionally, the "smtp_banner" option; it's an expanded string, so
> you
> can use lookups, etc. Or, for consistency with QUIT, use a message
> modifier on a connect ACL.

I found a topic which pretty much describes all what I wanted and some more
http://www.jaguarpc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=131315
smtp_active_hostname =
${lookup{$interface_address}lsearch{/etc/domainips}{host.$value}{$primary_ho
stname}}

> > And lastly, I am sending a copy of each email to certain domains to a
> backup
> > email address, using driver = redirect in router config, the email
> address
> > set as file = /etc/exim4/copy_mail/$domain but I can't figure out the
> > correct syntax for a domain list file.
> > domains = domain1.com:domain2.com:domain3.com works fine but domains
> =
> > lsearch;/etc/exim4/relay_domains does not.
> > relay_domains contains a list of domains separated by LF
>
> domains = /etc/exim4/relay_domains
>
> See also "10.4. An lsearch file is not an out-of-line list" in the
> Spec.
> Then also "10.3. File names in lists" :)

Nice one!! No wildcards eh. How the * I didn't manage to test it without
lsearch ;)

> Depending upon what you're doing, would it be better to use existence
> of
> the file in the directory as your trigger though, and use a dsearch
> lookup?
> -Phil

domains = dsearch;/etc/exim4/copy_mail
Yes, indeed. Code changed and it works even better than before

The only problem with the online docs is that the examples are written by
geeks for geeks so the ordinary mortals have to read them 15 times only to
understand half of the message.. :)

Thanks for your help Phil
-src-