Re: [exim] closing banner and relays

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Searcher
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] closing banner and relays
On 2008-02-27 at 22:24 -0000, Searcher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to change the closing banner and I am not sure where to look for
> it.
> Currently it says: 221 $primary_domain closing connection

Message modifier on a QUIT ACL. See "40.8 The QUIT ACL" in The Exim
Specification (spec.txt, supplied with Exim, is a plaintext copy, or see
the website www.exim.org for the HTML edition).

The rest of section 40 will help with explaining this.

> Also does anyone know how to change the welcome banner according to the
> receiving interface (IP)? I have exim listening on different IP addresses
> and I'd like it to respond appropriately - to have all domain related info
> set to this IP's reverse DNS if possible

Traditionally, the "smtp_banner" option; it's an expanded string, so you
can use lookups, etc. Or, for consistency with QUIT, use a message
modifier on a connect ACL.

> And lastly, I am sending a copy of each email to certain domains to a backup
> email address, using driver = redirect in router config, the email address
> set as file = /etc/exim4/copy_mail/$domain but I can't figure out the
> correct syntax for a domain list file.
> domains = domain1.com:domain2.com:domain3.com works fine but domains =
> lsearch;/etc/exim4/relay_domains does not.
> relay_domains contains a list of domains separated by LF

domains = /etc/exim4/relay_domains

See also "10.4. An lsearch file is not an out-of-line list" in the Spec.
Then also "10.3. File names in lists" :)

Depending upon what you're doing, would it be better to use existence of
the file in the directory as your trigger though, and use a dsearch
lookup?

-Phil