Re: [exim] using exim to relay to exchange

Author: Jeff Allen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] using exim to relay to exchange
Hi,

We have two exchange servers in one AD. Various domains are hosted on
both servers but there are two prime domains company1.com and
company2.com... all incoming email from exim is passed to company1.com
server and all outgoing email goes out through company2.com and then
passed onto to another exim relay for outgoing.

Where I am having the problem now is that in /etc/aliases I have tried

support@???:    supportalias1@???
support@???:    supportalias2@???

this does not work and I get an invalid user when trying to send mail
in.

The only way around I that I can think of if having a dedicated account
in /etc/aliases and exchange

support:    supportalias@???

And having the support@??? exchange account then filter and
forward to the appropriate support account for company1 and company2...
Rather sloppy, but at this point it is the only thing I can think of. If
there was only one domain this would be simple. I am limited in the
options provided for exchange 2003 and 2007 as we still run exchange
2000... ugh.

Thanks again for all the options and responses... greatly appreciated.

Jeff