Re: [exim] Fwd: Re: retry time not reached for any host

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Nitin Gupta
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fwd: Re: retry time not reached for any host
Hi Nitin

You've been asked, politely, to use the "reply" button when replying to
messages. I'm sorry if this seems difficult but not doing so means you
break threading and creates Subject pollution making it less than
"really easy" to track the messages you send. When asking on any list
for help, you don't want to make helping you anything less than "really
easy".

You've been asked, politely, several times, to stop top posting.
Despite this, you continue to top post. If you want help from this
list, indeed pretty much any technical mailing list, you _really_ need
to start making an effort to stick to the basic rules.

Nitin Gupta wrote:
> Now the issue is even if i dont have a domain in the table ,itz sayin
> delivery completed. What can be the reason for this

I'd like you to imagine that I'm typing from a room many hundreds of
miles away from where you are. Imagine that I have no access to your
server, I can't see the screen, I can't look at the log files. Imagine,
in fact, that the only way I have to help you is using the information
you've given me.

Given the above information, I can only conclude that exim is working
perfectly for you. "Delivery completed" to my unimaginative mind
indicates that the delivery completed. Exim has successfully accepted,
processed and delivered the message you sent.

If exim has not done so correctly, then that's a different issue. One
that requires more information from you than what you have given.

Regards

--
 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate