Re: [exim] Spam Detection

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Spam Detection
On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 12:34 +0100, Sebastian Berm wrote:
> Does anyone perhaps have a howto or guide on how to implement this? -

See my mail earlier in this thread.

> I've never seen SA working with Exim ACL's directly before...
> It seems like an idea worth investigating.

It is. It's been around for quite some time now, since the Exiscan patch
arrived (around about Exim 4.20 in 2003) and was merged into Exim 4.50
(Feb 2005).

> However, sometimes SA can be very slow, or even refuse to work at all,
> how can this be solved in these cases?

Have a read of the documentation.

> I don't think sending back a temporary reject will work with all
> mailservers.

It isn't temporary - if it's spam, permanently reject it. That makes
handling the error the sending MTA's problem, not yours.

Graeme