Re: [exim] replacing a mail server

Góra strony
Autor: Matthew Newton
Dla: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] replacing a mail server
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 12:47:33PM +0000, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 14:37 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> > When replacing a mail server, what is the best way to get rid of the
> > emails in the queue of the old server?
>
> Build the new one, put it online and then create a manualroute router on
> the old server to punt all your old queued mail off to the new machine.

...and make sure there are (probably temporary in this case) ACLs
on the new machine to just blindly accept anything from the old IP.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>