[exim] customizing 451 host lookup did not complete

Author: WJCarpenter
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] customizing 451 host lookup did not complete
Some MUAs are sloppy and don't tell me who the bad recipient is when
they get bad news after RCPT TO:. Thus, I don't know which of
possibly many recipients is the problematic one. I overcome that with
something like this in my rcpt ACL:

deny message = <$local_part@$domain>: $acl_verify_message

However, for one particular case, that doesn't do the trick. If the
recipient's domain is having DNS trouble such that the lookup fails, I
always get:

451 host lookup did not complete

Is there any way to customize that (or at least get the recipient
address to be mentioned)?

Thanks.
--
bill-exim@??? (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119