Re: [exim] Bug in Exim->Dovecot Auth SMTP

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Chris Laif
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bug in Exim->Dovecot Auth SMTP

On 7 Feb 2008, at 16:34, Chris Laif wrote:
> AFAICS both bugs are different. I've attached my (trivial) patch
> below. I've applied the fix to the production servers 4 days ago and
> didn't experience any problems yet.

I committed a slightly more defensive patch to the CVS a couple of days
back (if it gets to this point then fd should be valid, but checking it
to see what its state is seemed like a good idea)

http://vcs.exim.org/viewvc/exim/exim-src/src/auths/dovecot.c?r1=1.8&r2=1.9

That should also fix the problem in the future.

     Nigel.