Re: [exim] Exim drops mails

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim drops mails
(Please don't top-post)

On 07/02/2008, Peter Kirk <peterki@???> wrote:
> Running on Freebsd 6.2, exim version 4.68-0
>
> The below is all that is entered into the logs. I get about 10000 of
> these a day but guessing most is spam anyways.
>
> 2008-02-07 11:04:45 unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command
> from seldisa02.sonyericssonmail.com [192.16.134.98]

If these happen as a result of 'deny' actions in ACLs, then they're
normal - the spamware is hanging up on you because it didn't expect a
5xx response. You could test by slackening the ACLs a bit. If they're
happening on 10000 wanted mails, then some extra logging might help -
see http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch49.html#SECTlogselector

> As for the config files can send them but will take some time editing
> all sensitive data out, surely if it was from the config it would report
> some more data than just dropping the email, and I did not config
> changes this problem just started.

Your call - its easier to suggest fixes when one has the full picture.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???