Re: [exim] Extrange behavior with smarthost and routers

Author: Jonathan GF
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Extrange behavior with smarthost and routers
Hi Dave,

first of all i have to say that...yes.. i was? obfuscated. I tried to post
as much information as posible and i only casused noise. You got reason.

What i tried to state in the previous mail is that, even if the smarthost
works, and the server behind works also, the bold lines shows an anormal
activity.

The logs, without the bold lines represent a normal behavior:

Gmail -> smarthost -> server    (and vice-versa)

But the bold lines show something like this:

Gmail -> smarthost -> server -> call back to the smarthost     (let see the
lines again)

2008-02-04 01:05:48 H=mail.surestorm.com [89.128.3.108] F=<> rejected RCPT <
jonathangf@???>: Relay Not Permitted
2008-02-04 01:05:48 unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command from
mail.surestorm.com [89.128.3.108]

This lines appears in the smarthost log, so it tell me the server, after put
the message in the correct inbox tried something else. This sounds to me
lika a loop.....What do you think?

Cheers,

Jonathan GF