Re: [exim] Extrange behavior with smarthost and routers

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Extrange behavior with smarthost and routers
Firstly, please carefully read http://wiki.exim.org/DontObfuscate , including
the "Why was I sent this URL?" section.

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:29:58PM +0100, Jonathan GF wrote:
> Unless the architecture work i can see weird messages in the logs, something
> i want to fix because they sound like a loop between the exim smarthost and
> exim mail server.

Doesn't look like that to me. To me, it looks like the smarthost receives the
message <a50c1e90802031605p2bf68fd1l26e54a85b7216a0e@???> from
66.249.82.231; it sends the message to 89.128.3.108 using the
send_to_mailserver router. The mail server then receives the message (from
64.79.209.162), and sends it to a maildir (virtual_user router).

Is that not what's meant to be happening? If not, please try explaining again
what the problem is (and take heed of the advice on DontObfuscate). Thanks!

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/