Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address erro…

Autor: Andy Smith
A: Ted Cooper
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address error
Hi Ted,

yeah appologies, I did mangle the email address I posted, good to know
this is done automatically by the list
and in any future messages I may post Ill will not mess with the
information. Domian.net isnt the domain I was
attempting to email, and the address is valid cos as mentioned when I sub in
an exim config from another system
I can deliver mail without problems.

Taking a step back from my specific problem, can I just check that Im my
thinking is actually ok on the subject of
smartrelay pls?
My understanding of this option under sendmail is that it allows any mail
not local to the localhost to be
automatically relied to a named SMTP server (actually not smart at all, but
a dumb forward regardless
of the destination). Im imagining that smartrelay will function more or less
the same in EXIM, am I wrong?

thanks Andy.