Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address erro…

Author: A.smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address error
Hi Ted,

thanks for your help, Im still none the wiser why the config wont work
when I follow
instructions similar to this for debian:

http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/exim4_courier/exim4.html

Its a bit frustrating as a smart relay host should be the simplest config
possible
should it not? Well I know for sendmail its normally totally unproblabmatic
to configure... :S

In the end Ive copied over a config from another system, that isnt using
smart relay
(suppose that means its using DNS service records instead???) Well, anyway
this allows me to send email from command line etc. I´d be much more
comfortable
understanding how to config exim myself rather than copying over a file
from another box, but i dont want to waste too much time on it if its not
an easy issue to resolve over a message board! DNS is resolving everything
fine,
exim configs were from a vanilla exim4 debian install, so dont believe issue
was
DNS related or due to config being modified from defaults...

thanks Andy.

Message sent using UK Grid Webmail 2.7.9