Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address erro…

Author: Andy Smith
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address error
Ah, if u were wondering what I meant by this

"THe email address is valid, I changed it in the above so it doesnt get read by any nast spam scripts from the list site..."

Its just that I had subsituted the domain name for the email address in the main log with xxxxx but then I changed it to domain.net cos I thought it woudl provoke less concerns/questions, actually I should have removed teh above comment completely! sorry for any confusion caused!From eximX1211@??? Thu Jan 31 23:41:43 2008
> Ah, if u were wondering what I meant by this
>
> "THe email address is valid, I changed it in the above so it doesnt get read by any nast spam scripts from the list site..."
>
> Its just that I had subsituted the domain name for the email address in the main log with xxxxx but then I changed it to domain.net cos I thought it woudl provoke less concerns/questions, actually I should have removed teh above comment completely! sorry for any confusion caused!

The problem is, that your problem appears to be related to the DNS
resolution of the domain you have obfuscated. Since you took that out,
there's no way we can tell you if those domains are working from our
perspective or it's just a local DNS problem.
Regardless, that's where I'd be starting.

The next possibility is that the router or transport which should be
responsible for delivering that message has been modified by something
so that it no longer matches, and as a result the message can't find a
router and hence "unrouteable address"

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html