Re: [exim] recipients > 5 should be sent by second mailer

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] recipients > 5 should be sent by second mailer
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:15:49PM -0500, Holger Kling wrote:
> as external mailproxy, we have exim and this is the default-mailer for
> our internal mailserver (Exchange).
> Now I search a possibility to configure exim so, that it delivers all
> mails with 1 to 5 recipients directly by itself, but exim should give
> the mails with more recipients to a secondary auxiliary-exim-mailproxy
> "mass-mailer". This secondary should handle the "mass-mails".

Use a router with a condition based on $recipients_count. (Untested, but the
spec suggests this should be available in routers. If not, set an acl_m_
variable and test that in the routers instead).

e.g.

massmail_router:
condition = ${if >{$recipients_count}{5}}

Of course, that router will have to come before your "deliver by yourself"
router. Unless you add a "$recipients_count <= 5" condition to that.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/