[exim] more than one smtp transport bounded to several ip ad…

Author: Johannes Nohl
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] more than one smtp transport bounded to several ip adresses
Dear list,

I'm using postfix right now but what I need isn't possible within
postfix. To be correct it isn't possible as long as you run just one
instance. I don't want to have more than one instance because I like
to have one setup and one queue.

Now I want to switch to exim. But is the following possible then?

1) Can I configure exim to have several smtp transports? Like mails
with sender *@dom1.tld will be sent by smtp1, *@dom2.tld by smtp2...

2) Can I bind those different transports (smtp1, smtp2, ...) to
different IPs? Like exim MTA is listening on all IPs. But to send it
is using different IPs.
(it's for the reverse DNS entries. There's one domain per ip only.
(No, I can't have more than one record per IP)).

Thanks for any help!

Johannes