Re: [exim] exim4 not using spamd or clamd

Autor: Norihisa Washitake
A: Jason Fisher
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim4 not using spamd or clamd
Hi, Jason

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:28:36 -0600,
"Jason Fisher" <jfisher@???> wrote:

> Exim4 is sending and receiving messages correctly, but, I'm getting no
> added headers and no log entries indicating any activity by clamd or
> spamd. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

After installing clamav on my Debian (sarge) box, I also got
confused because there is no X-Virus-Status: header, no log
entry for exim4 and clamav. (even if with -d option)

With eicar.com, a harmless test virus file, however, Exim
did reject it and I could confirm its working fine.
I suggest you to try sending a message with a test virus
attachment. You can find it at:
http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

As for spamd; I have no idea why it is not working, but how
about trying a test spam? You can get piles of spams after
exposing your mail address on the net... :-(

Regards,
Norihisa.

--
Norihisa Washitake <nori@???>