Re: [exim] disclaimers :-(

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] disclaimers :-(
Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> Someone had the bright idea that those pesky disclaimers at the bottom
> of emails are a good thing. What is common practice and how'd I
> implement it in exim? I assume that this ought to be done for external
> recipients only and not for local email. I am sure this has been asked
> before, if so please point me to the right documentation.
>
> And if this is a bad idea (I think so) I'd like to know it and why. :-)

I wont enter into why they're bad as everyone else seems to have covered
that pretty well ;)

However, if you end up having to add them in, don't use the MTA. The
best (and only sensible) place to add a disclaimer is in the signature
that the MUA (email client) appends. This is pretty much what it was
designed for and a simple company policy should ensure that it ends up
on all outgoing messages.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html