Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR sp…

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Bleurgh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR specific IP ?
Bleurgh wrote:

> Renaud Allard wrote:
>> I think the ACLs have already been written on the first answer Peter
>> Bowyer gave
>> you. Peter is an accustomed poster on these lists and generally gives good
>> advices.
>>
>> The problem now seems that you don't know where to place them in your
>> config
>> file. Do you have acl_smtp_rcpt defined somewhere in you config file? If
>> yes,
>> you should follow it's value and copy/paste what Peter gave you the line
>> after
>> the value in the config file.
>>

> I didnt receive that reply from Peter. I cant see it anywhere on this web
> based discussion thing. I'm using "Nabble" and i must say its very
> confusing!

Of course you did, because you replied to it.

here it is again:

~ Think of it the other way around and the logic gets easier....
~
~ accept authenticated=*
~
~ accept hosts = myip1 : myip2 : myip3
~
~ drop
~
~ (You might consider 'deny' instead of 'drop', this is less likely to
~ cause unwanted behaviour from the other party).

So I guess the syntax error problem comes from the fact you haven't found where
to put these ACLs.
They should be put in the first place in the ACL you defined as acl_smtp_rcpt.