Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.6-RC1 Testing Release

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Bob Rossi
To: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.6-RC1 Testing Release
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:49:05PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > OK, in pcredemo.c, simply add '#include <config.h>' above the rest of
> > the defines.
>
> I cannot do that. pcredemo.c is supposed to be a demonstration of how
> you could write an application that uses an installed PCRE library.
> There is no need for such applications to make use of PCRE's config.h
> file - and indeed they may well have a config.h of their own.
>
> I did think it was a mistake when pcredemo.c was compiled as part of the
> new build system - it never was previously - but I couldn't be bothered
> to make a fuss about it. Seems like perhaps I should have listened to my
> instincts!

We have 2 options that I can think of.

  - Create an enable/disable feature to compile pcredemo.c
  - Somehow manually add PCRE_STATIC to pcredemo.c compile on mingw when
    linking against at static library. Doesn't sound fun...

As it stands now, it's not good that the build fails...

Bob Rossi