[exim] ACL Subroutine Specification Suggestion

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] ACL Subroutine Specification Suggestion
There has been some talk about parameter passing and returning values
from ACLs to make them look like functions/subroutines. Not sure if
progress is being made so I'm going to propose something and see what
people think.

My suggestion.

warn set $acl_c_my_variable = my_acl apple banana carrot

my_acl:

warn   logwrite = $acl_param1 $acl_param2 $acl_param3
           acl_return = vegetable

ok - it's crude - but if we are going to do this someone has to start
with a suggestion.

acl_param[1-9] - parameters passed to acl
acl_params - all params passed as a single string
acl_return - value returned from acl

If someone has a better idea feel free to improve it.