Re: [exim] DCC ACL patch

Author: Physicman
To: Wolfgang Breyha
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] DCC ACL patch
Subject: Re: [exim] DCC ACL patch
Hi Wolfgang,

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:05:33 +0100
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> wrote:

> I use DCC for both counting and greylisting. dccifd (-Gon) returns the
> greylisting results.

[snip]
> That's why i defined dcc_result first and never implemented it finally;-)

Ah ok, I understand better now. Nice to hear the think is actually
working with greylisting (as I never tried it myself) :D

> > Therefore, I rewrote a bit your patch (basically removed everything
> > related to rebuilding the recipients list and I also added return
> > values for dcc_result which weren't set apparently), so that I can now
> > have an ACL like this:
>
> Wasn't that part commented already? But yes, my patch is very close to my
> needs here currently.

That was actually part of the problems I had. Some parts where
commented but not others so that in the end some counters weren't
updated and thus the return value wasn't right.

> One "special feature" i didn't mention in the readme is the
> dcc_direct_header_add = yes
>
> If you use spamd within DATA ACL and call dcc before, you can set this to add
> the X-DCC-Header "in deep" to the spool file. In this way spamd already sees
> the header (what's not the case if add_header was used) and simple matching
> rules can be used instead of the full SpamAssassin DCC module. eg:
> header __XXDCC_HIGH_BODY       X-DCC-xx-Metrics =~ /^.*Body=\d{6,}\s+Fuz.*$/
> header __XXDCC_HIGH_FUZ1       X-DCC-xx-Metrics =~ /^.*Fuz1=\d{6,}\s+Fuz.*$/
> header __XXDCC_HIGH_FUZ2       X-DCC-xx-Metrics =~ /^.*Fuz2=\d{6,}$/

> This also prevents double counts etc....

That sounds very nice. Do you set the "dcc_direct_header_add = yes"
right into the ACL then?
BTW, I'm now wondering if it would be interesting to split the results
and to return separate values for Body, Fuz1 & Fuz2 to exim. What do
you think?

> > I haven't tested it for long yet but so far it seems to be working fine.

I've now tested it some more and also deployed it on some more heavily
used servers and no problems so far.

> Fine! I'll try to get the patch and documentation reworked again on weekend
> and send it to Tom Kistner for CVS inclusion. The main reason why I released
> the patch mostly "as is" was that I wanted to wait for feedback first.

That would be great. Let me know if I can help in some way. :)

Cheers,

> Greetings,
> Wolfgang

Chris