Re: [exim] exim -> assp

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim -> assp
Phil Pennock wrote:
> # Router to come before scanned domains:
> assp_filter:
> driver = accept
> transport = assp_inject
> # Big comment explaining magic number goes here
> condition = ${if !eq{$received_port}{26}}
> no_verify
> no_expn

I got this to work sort of, with some adjustments. Since debian stable
uses version 4.63 I had to use $interface_port.

> # Transport:
> assp_inject:
> driver = smtp
> hosts = localhost
> hosts_override
> port = 24
> self = send

Also "self = send" didn't work in the transport.

I think though that the solution is worse than the problem, so I settled
for something resembling the current situation, with the addition of
having incoming and outgoing mail on that server routed through assp, to
allow auto whitelist.

As a side note, ASSP does allow a relay host to be configured, to which
it will deliver email coming into a relay port. Kind of what the above
configuration would do for exim.

Greetings,
Jeroen