Re: [exim] exim -> assp

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim -> assp
Phil Pennock wrote:
> What port is ASSP listening on? 25?

Yes port 25.

> This is Exim refusing to deliver to an MTA on the local host, since Exim
> assumes that this would be routing the mail to itself and creating a
> mail-loop.

Ok, good to know.

> Look up "allow_localhost" for the transport or "self = send" on the
> Router, if assp is listening on port 25.

I tried allow_localhost just now, but it didn't appear to work. Though
this is a debian system, so I'd better ask on that list, unless anyone
here knows.

# This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP connections.
remote_smtp:
debug_print = "T: remote_smtp for $local_part@$domain"
driver = smtp
# to disable TLS on outgoing connections, uncomment this
# hosts_avoid_tls = *
allow_localhost = true

Adding "self = send" in the "smarthost:" section causes this:

2008-01-18 13:34:45 1JFyrN-0002Zp-Fy == example@??? R=smarthost
T=remote_smtp_smarthost defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

Thank you,
Jeroen