Re: [exim] exim -> assp

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jeroen van Aart
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim -> assp
On 2008-01-18 at 10:52 -0800, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> I am trying to route outgoing email through assp (a spamfilter proxy)
> like this:
>
> MUA --> MTA (EXIM) --> ASSP --> MTA (EXIM) --> internet

What port is ASSP listening on? 25?

> 2008-01-17 14:15:04 1JFd0q-0004Ij-N1 remote host address is the local
> host: example.com
> 2008-01-17 14:15:04 1JFd0q-0004Ij-N1 == example@??? R=smarthost
> defer (-1): remote host address is the local host

This is Exim refusing to deliver to an MTA on the local host, since Exim
assumes that this would be routing the mail to itself and creating a
mail-loop.

Look up "allow_localhost" for the transport or "self = send" on the
Router, if assp is listening on port 25.

If assp is not the service listening on port 25, you probably want to
not call the Router "smarthost" since that's confusing; rename it
"assp_feed" and be sure that something is specifying the port.

> I figure this isn't the right place to ask but I'll try.

exim-users is the correct place to ask.

-Phil