Re: [exim] exim4 is blocking port 80

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 is blocking port 80
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 23:00:11 +0000, Jonathan Briggs
<jbriggs@???> wrote:
>If it is a problem with inheriting file descriptors, it'd be easy to fix
>in Exim by closing all descriptors from 0 to NR_OPEN during program
>start.

That would break things that require a persistent connection to other
daemons. I have been told that this, for example, breaks libnss-ldap.

Debian used to patch exim to close open FDs at startup, but had to
disable the patch again in mid-2005 when breakage caused by the patch
surfaced. See http://bugs.debian.org/299051.

Greetings
Marc