Re: [exim] Saslatuhd

Author: Miros/law Baran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Saslatuhd
27.12.2007 pisze Phil Pennock (exim-users@???):

> On 2007-12-27 at 12:56 -0500, Daniel Aquino wrote:
> > Is there any command line switches or some method I can use to test my
> > configured authentication ?
>
> This is as a server, right?
>
> So, try to connect as a client and authenticate.
>
> Perhaps using "exim -d+auth -oX 26 -bd" to listen on another port,
> without detaching and becoming a daemon, with lots of debugging output.
>
> If you're after an existing SMTP client which can handle STARTTLS and
> then plaintext, or using non-plaintext auth methods, then I quite like
> "smtpc" from Tony Finch; web-page:
> http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/
> with much useful Exim information; the link is "a small SMTP client"
> near the bottom; it handles CRAM-MD5, EXTERNAL, LOGIN & PLAIN.
>
> If you want to use a "real" SMTP client for confirmation, then the
> latest mutt releases include native SMTP support and
> "smtp_authenticators" will let you set the authentication method used;
> that has the advantage of supporting all the authentication methods that
> Cyrus SASL supports (including DIGEST-MD5 and GSSAPI).
>
> The Cyrus IMAP server comes with some supporting test programs which
> might be available separately under your OS's package management system;
> in particular, "smtptest" which is quite flexible.

and there is, of course, 'swaks' (<http://www.jetmore.org/john/code/#swaks>),
which is the most comprehensive smtp connection testing program I have
ever seen.

Regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miroslaw L Baran | jabber id: baran-at-hell-pl | key-id: FC494FC4 | 0101010 ]

          Life is a yo-yo, and mankind ties knots in the string.