Re: [exim] Too many bounces due to not-realtime delivery

Author: Dave Evans
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Too many bounces due to not-realtime delivery
On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 12:46:03PM +0100, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> at this moment, we have a big problem with a lot of bounces.
>
> We have two delivery cases in our exim setup:
>
> 1. an email is sent to a mailbox directly (e.g. lastname@???)
>
> 2. an email is sent to <anything>@domain.com and routed to
> default@???

Usually you'd implement (2) using a 'redirect' router, and your RCPT ACL would
include something like "requre verify = recipient", and it would all "just
work" as you require - no bounces.

So, clearly you haven't got it set up that way, but I'm a little unclear on
what you have instead. What do your RCPT ACL, routers and transports say?

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/