Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

Author: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen van Aart" <kroshka@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 7:28 PM

> I found it needs no filter in order to work right. Also I must see the
> first case where someone gets 1000s of auto replies due to this.

In that case please supply your IP addresses so I can blacklist your servers
from all of mine.

I HAVE been on the receiving end of it (couple of years ago). It is nothing
less than abuse, and taking that attitude to it, is burying your head in the
sand. It's not a case of your server alone causing the problems. It's yours
together with 100,000+ others. That attitude is akin to saying "I don't need
an antivirus - My computer has a virus but what's the point of worrying.
It's only one single computer".

Most of us have electric light. Switching one single light off isn't going
to help global warming. It's when thousands of people all turn a light off
that makes a difference.

Many thanks

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199