[exim] Administrivia

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Administrivia
Hi, list subscribers

Before someone kicks off another great debate over politeness (I can see
the dust clouds on the horizon already) I'd like to ask, on behalf of
the moderators, that everyone (including me!):

a) Asks sensible questions. See
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for guidance (it's
quite helpful), and consider whether this is the right place to ask
about a given subject. If it's a direct question about Exim, you're
probably right, but if it's a question about something using Exim, you
may not be.

b) Responds carefully to questions which fall outside (a). Although
jibes, sniping, downright rudeness may be felt appropriate under some
circumstances, the most likely reason the question was asked here is
because the poster felt this the right place to do so. A polite pointer
to the right place will be appreciated by the original poster, and (more
than likely) by other list subscribers.

c) Takes a deep breath, puts on the asbestos pants, and remembers that
flames and their responses are archived too! You too can feel a bit of a
'nana ("banana" without the "ba") in future when searching Google for
answers to the same question, only to find your formerly brilliant
put-down staring you in the face :)

d) Remembers that the same old gripes and flame wars happening time and
time again is insanely boring and likely to end up with (c) occurring
some way down the line...

e) Finally - sits back, thinks for a moment, and responds to me off-list
if the necessity is there!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Graeme