Re: [exim] The next Exim release - will there be one ?

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] The next Exim release - will there be one ?
Ian P. Christian wrote:
> Graeme Fowler wrote:
>>> Is it time to consider alternatives to Exim as my MTA of choice ?
>> Maybe, maybe not ;-)
>
> I cna't help but think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I'd agree. The smtp protocol exists for a while already and how much
could you add feature wise, which isn't already there in one form or
another? Spamfiltering for example should happen outside an MTA, in my
opinion. There are enough sites still running exim3, or qmail (yahoo)
for crying out loud. Sendmail still seems to be in wide use. Those MTAs
seem to not be in wild active development.

Greeting,
Jeroen