Re: [exim] To unseen, or not unseen, that is the question...…

Author: Andrew - Supernews
To: Ian P. Christian, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] To unseen, or not unseen, that is the question....

Ian> I've had this problem before, and the way I solved it last time
Ian> I was really unhappy with, so I though I'd ask the collective to
Ian> see if anyone can come up with something smart for me. I have
Ian> this in my config:

[snip]

Ian> So, I have a database table containing mailboxes, and one for
Ian> forwards. This works fine, until you want an email address that
Ian> forwards AND is a mailbox.

The right way to solve that is not to use unseen, but for the email
address to forward to the mailbox (i.e. itself), as well as to any
remote addresses it forwards to.

i.e. if user@??? is both a local mailbox and a forward to
otheruser@???, then the redirect router should be set up such
that the data= value is user@???, otheruser@???. When
those addresses are routed in turn, the redirect router is skipped for
user@??? since it processed an identical ancestor of the
address.

See 22.5 "Redirecting to a local mailbox" in the manual.

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com