Re: [exim] The next Exim release - will there be one ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] The next Exim release - will there be one ?
Exim isn't going to just up and leave overnight - that just can't
happen. The domain, mirrors, wiki, and bug list are all still actively
maintained. The code is as solid now as it was when Phil retired and
there have been no major, show stopping bugs presented since 4.68. There
are a few bug fixes in the CVS version which got it's last update
14-11-2007 (I think). This could probably be declared 2.69-RC1 if you
really wanted a version bump and were that keen for a PCRE and DKIM update.

If anything major turns up and it adversely effects Exim, there are a
number of people on this list who would step up to offer fixes, even
without them being on the dev team, as has happened in the past. If it's
anything I can wrap my head around and is reproducible enough for me to
find, I would gladly step in and offer up some freakishly evil looking
code that someone else would have to reformat ;)

From what I can see, the community is strong and isn't going anywhere.
There just hasn't been anything to add!

--
The Exim Manual