Re: [exim] Error while using smarthost, unknown user.

Author: Machiel van Veen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Error while using smarthost, unknown user.
On Thursday 15 November 2007 01:56:12 pm W B Hacker wrote:

> << otherwise, where you want us to look is at these:>>
>
> begin routers
>
> smarthost:
>     driver = manualroute
>     domains = ! +local_domains
>     transport = remote_smtp
>     route_list = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

> << manualroute I've never needed or used, but I believe that you want:
>
> !+local_domains
>
> i.e. - no space between the '!' and the '+local_domains'
>
> I suspect THAT is what is causing this first-in-sequence router to not find
> a match>>

Ah I found the issue, first I have changed the ! +local_domains. And with
help of your explenation I could google a bit more specific and found
route_list to be the problem. The correct syntax seems to be:

route_list = "* xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx byname"

I don''t know why, I don't think thats what the manual says but it works.
Thanks a lot for your help on this, pointing me in the right direction.

--
Best regards,

Machiel van Veen