Re: [exim] BT Internet, Yahoo!, DKIM...?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: W B Hacker
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] BT Internet, Yahoo!, DKIM...?
John Robinson wrote:
> On 31/10/2007 14:46, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>> It got to a point where they were deferring mail from one of my
>> servers for such a long time that it got returned to the (local) sender. I
>> worked around this by configuring that server to relay Yahoo mail through
>> my other servers.
>
> Maybe they don't like me because some of my clients are on busy lists on
> Yahoo! Groups, which are VERP'ed, I use sender verification callouts (as
> a last step after everything else), and we're going round in circles of
> deferring each other's messages...
>
> :-(
>
> Cheers,
>
> John.

Ah, well - as we've blocked mail *from* bt-whatever for years - not out of any
special malice, but 'blindly' just 'coz of the RFC's *they* break...

.. we leave it up to our clients to advise their friends, family, and (rare)
even biz associates to switch (at least) their mail service provider.

Any of the Brits 'ere (let alone C&W vets such as I) can tell you that getting a
former arm of HM Post Office to 'change' in much under a quarter century is
hugely optimistic...

Mind, C&W managed to re-invent itself into impending oblivion while BT did much
better, so email is definitely not the only 'world'.

Bill Hacker