Re: [exim] Delivery router using DNS lookup by specific send…

Author: Drav Sloan
To: ikearns
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delivery router using DNS lookup by specific senderaddress
ikearns wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am looking at modifying our current Exim (4.63) server to route all
> outbound emails, when sent from a specific sender address, to be delivered
> direct from the server by DNS MX lookup rather than smarthost or manualroute
> (which is our other ways of mail delivery)
>
> Can anyone help me get started?

Before your smarthost and manualroute routers:

dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
condition = ${if match_ip{$sender_host_address}{iplsearch;/some/file}}
transport = remote_smtp
ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
no_more

and the transport:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

The /some/file can contain ip's and CIDR net defintions.

Untested, but I think that'll do the job

Regards

D.