Re: [exim] require verify = sender

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jethro R Binks
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] require verify = sender
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Phil \(Medway Hosting\) wrote:

> > And the other reason is that you may make that check conditional on the
> > rcpt being processedn: checks on mail to your postmaster and abuse
> > addresses will typically be more lenient than for other arbitrary
> > recipients, for example so that you can still communicate with a
> > misbehaving sending site.
>
> If the sending server is "misbehaving" - why would you want to accept
> messages from an invalid sender ? It's up to THEM to send from a valid
> address - not up to you to accept from anything.

I suppose it wasn't clear that I intended to speak more generally of
checks at rcpt time vs mail time, rather than specifically on the issue of
checking the sender address validity.

I shouldn't have said "that check", but probably used "such checks".
Perhaps the use of "misbehaving" was ill-advised too, substitute
"problematic" instead.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services