Re: [exim] require verify = sender

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jethro R Binks
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] require verify = sender
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Dean Brooks wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 01:26:19PM -0400, Jason Keltz wrote:
>
> > Should this condition not exist in acl_smtp_mail??
> >
> > (ie. before you check the recipients, you check the sender???)
> >
> > I'm trying to build a few accept/deny conditions in the acl_smtp_mail
> > ACL ... once exim gets past there, and I accept the sender, but the
> > default "require verify = sender" in smtp_rcpt would deny the message...
> > everything seems to work if I remove "require verify = sender" from
> > acl_smtp_rcpt, but I'm hesitant to remove it because it's not clear to
> > me why it's there, and not in acl_smtp_mail in the first place?
>
> Some MTAs in the world don't gracefully handle rejections at MAIL
> time. It's fairly universal, though, that rejections at RCPT time are
> honored properly.
>
> So, many Exim configurations put the sender verification rejections
> during the RCPT phase instead.

And the other reason is that you may make that check conditional on the
rcpt being processedn: checks on mail to your postmaster and abuse
addresses will typically be more lenient than for other arbitrary
recipients, for example so that you can still communicate with a
misbehaving sending site.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services