Re: [exim] Estimating spam deliveries

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim-users, Derrick
Subject: Re: [exim] Estimating spam deliveries
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:30:32 +0100, iane@??? said:

> I'm trying to estimate the number of spam messages that have
> gone undetected. This just tells me about the number that were detected.

I'm not sure what you really want. Earlier you said: "I was hoping someone
might be able to point me at a statistical technique that I can apply
through correlating deliveries and rejections, without examining
individual messages."

That's pretty much what Spamassassin does. What you seem to be asking is
"Is there an automated way of detecting mails that are definitely Spam but
which Spamassassin has not marked as Spam?". If you find such a
way, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested!

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |