Re: [exim] Estimating spam deliveries

Author: Ian Eiloart
Subject: Re: [exim] Estimating spam deliveries

--On 16 October 2007 11:48:53 +0100 Chris Edwards <chris@???>
wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>| Does anyone know a good way of estimating how much spam is being
>| delivered to mailboxes?
>
> Ask a sample of users to count or estimate how many spams they get
> e.g per week ?

Well, I don't want to rely on users. The reporting will be biased according
to how busy they are. Anyway, I can see their mailboxes and count them
myself, with much more reliable random sampling. I could even copy a random
sample to another mailbox.

I really don't want to do that though. I was hoping someone might be able
to point me at a statistical technique that I can apply through correlating
deliveries and rejections, without examining individual messages.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex