Re: [exim] Question on the autoreply transport

Author: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: John Landars
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Question on the autoreply transport
Hello,

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 12:12:36AM +0200, John Landars wrote:
> I have configured the autoreply transport. Everything is working fine except
> for one small issue:
>
> Exim seems to keep track of the sender only but not of the recipient (when
> deciding if an autoreply message should be sent out)...
>
> So for example in company A we have the domain compa.com.
>
> user1@??? has defined a vacation message and
> user2@??? has defined a different one.
>
> Now when I send an email first to user1@??? I get the reply. When I
> send another mail to this user I do not get further autoreply messages. This
> is okay and intended.
>
> However when I send a mail to user2@??? I would like to get user2's
> reply message... But my sender address is already in the database and so
> exim will not send out further messages to me...
>
> Is this possible to change and if so, how do I have to configure the
> vacation transport in this case?

Can you give use more details? How do the corresponding
routers/transports look like?

I suppose you are using only one once file globally or per
domain. That would explain the situation you described above.

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33